This Memorial Day Weekend, Denver locals can jam out for free with America’s favorite “rock” stars of Mount Rushmore (George, Tom, Teddy and Abe) at the Denver Day of Rock, a yearly festival uniting the community through music and family friendly entertainment while also raising funds to help Amp the Cause. As a sponsor of the event and to kickoff the unofficial start of summer, the South Dakota Department of Tourism will be bringing a massive replica of the iconic Mount Rushmore (aka the state’s most famous rock), along with tasty treats like Thomas Jefferson’s original vanilla ice cream recipe and a mini stage for patriotic performances. This legendary Mount Rushmore supergroup thrives in front of an all-ages crowd, making them a natural fit for Denver Day of Rock.
- South Dakota Tourism is bringing a 22-foot tall and 30-foot wide model of the iconic Mount Rushmore to the Denver Day of Rock
- Indulge in a scoop of vanilla ice cream made from Thomas Jefferson’s original recipe and shipped from the real Mount Rushmore’s on-site shop.
- See if you’ve got rockstar talent with musical games like Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution
WHEN: May 25th, 2019 from 2:30PM-9PM
WHERE: Denver 16th Street Mall
- Capture the of Denver Day of Rock and Memorial Day festivities with Mount Rushmore as your backdrop and interact with locals and travelers alike
- Photo station/meet & greet the Mount Rushmore mascots outfitted in rock attire and unleashing their rockstar personas
- Jam out on our mini stage with activities like the following:
Patriotic Anthems: Challenge a president on Guitar Hero or Dance Dance Revolution, facing off with some classic Americana rock and roll
Presidential Trivia: Test festival-goers’ U.S. history knowledge by having them put the Rushmore mascots in order or by playing a round of presidential trivia
- On-site interviews with South Dakota’s Secretary of Tourism James Hagen who can speak about the event
Saturday, May 25, 2019
2:30 PM - 9:00 PM