These screeners do not diagnose, but will let the participant know at the time of the screening if they need to see their doctor for further evaluation. Participants with serious health issues found through their blood work will be notified by volunteer nurses and doctors after the blood work has been tested. Family Fair screenings will be provided for children also - blood pressure, height/weight and vision – No Blood screenings for participants under the age of 18. We are continuing the Wellness Zone to provide opportunities for participants to learn more about nutrition, illness prevention, fitness, safety, etc. You may sign up online at www.9healthfair.org up until the day of the Fair.
The Highlands Ranch Lions Club members thank the Highlands Ranch Community Association for providing the venue for this Family Fair and their assistance in setting up and tearing down of the Fair each year. This year’s Family Fair will be at Eastridge Recreation Center, 9568 S University Blvd, Highlands, Ranch, Colorado on April 21st from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
Low cost blood screenings include:
• Blood Chemistry ($35) - Provides baseline information on blood glucose, cholesterol, liver, kidneys, thyroid, and more.
• Blood Cell Count screening ($20) - Your body's ability to fight infection, anemia, liver disease and certain cancers can be discovered with this screening, which gives you a general picture of your overall health.
• Hemoglobin A1C screening ($30) - Measures your average blood sugar control for the past 2 to 3 months. Screens for diabetes/pre-diabetes.
• Vitamin D screening ($45) - Provides baseline Vitamin D levels, which helps you maintain proper bone health and understand your risk for immune diseases, heart disease, and certain types of cancer.
• Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) ($30) - Measures a protein produced by the male prostate gland and is not recommended for anyone unless you have a family history of prostate cancer or are monitoring your PSA, per your physician recommendations.
• Testosterone -Provides baseline testosterone levels, which can affect the brain, bone &muscle mass, fat distribution, the vascular system, energy levels, genital tissues, and sexual functioning.
$35 – men
$45 – women
• Vitamin B12: Provides baseline Vitamin B12 levels, which play a key role in the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system, and the formation of red blood cells.
$20 value – FREE with purchase of any other screening (2017 only)
• Colon Cancer Screening Kit ($25) - This take-home/mail-in kit checks for human blood in the stool, which may indicate colorectal conditions such as polyps, hemorrhoids, or cancer.
Free screenings include (subject to change Day of Family Fair)
Blood Pressure, Height/Weight/BMI, Stress Management Screening, Spinal Screening, Body in Balance, Talk with a Health Professional, Talk with a Pharmacist and Vision & Eye Health Screening.
For more information, call 303-888-0423 or email email@example.com.
About the Lions
Lions Club International is celebrating their 100th Anniversary this year. The Lions Pride of Highlands Ranch is proud to have served the Highlands Ranch community since 1996. The 9Health Fair is one of their major projects along with Kidsight Colorado. Lions perform free Kidsight screenings for pre-school age children using the PlusOptix digital screener. The Lions are able to determine if a child has six different eye problems. Lions also provide eye exams and glasses for the less fortunate and collect used eyeglasses that are sent to third world countries. They support International Hearing Dogs, Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute, the Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Bank, Colorado Lions Camp and the Women Crisis Center and Family Outreach in Castle Rock. For more information see their website
http://e-clubhouse.org/sites/highlandsranchco/. You are invited to join us and be a part of the largest service organization in the world.